May 07, 2024

 



Few days ago i came across someone who call herself a poet with millions of followers praising her words
I was surprised at how she is so popular, and i started to think that it is not the words but more like the look 
The words are not deep… are not eloquent… are basic

I remembered my fear of showing my words to the world, despite the support i had from the few who read them… those who said that my words make them think and dream and feel 

And now i a m facing this question: What did i do with my words, with my talent to weave a state of mind felt by the heart and nourish the soul?

Nothing 

Am i lazy? Or i am just afraid of rejection?

I keep telling myself what can ever happen? It wont be worst than burying my dream

I always dreamed of traveling and writing 
This is my dream, this is what i want to do 
And this is how i want my life to be from now on 

My main problem am not a social media girl and I don’t know how to promote my words like others do… i am totally in the dark 
In this world, it is to enough to write… in the middle of the writers’ tsunami i will simply be lost 

I have to put a flashlight on top of my words to be seen 
And I don’t know how to do that

It is a dielamm 
It is an obstacle, a barrier, a lock 

And i need to find the key

My strange idea for today
I am a sleuth trying to find the key



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello There,
Dreams are just dreams unless we take some action, may be taking the initiative and corresponding with various publishing firms outside of Egypt would open doors for you,
public relation does have an impact on whatever we do and we do not have to sell out to get what we want,
your dream deserves some realistic work and I for one will buy your book.

Egyptiana Trapped Soul said...

Dear Anonymous
You brought tears to my eyes … thank you

Anonymous said...

Hello Egyptiana

Welcome back from your warrior rest!

Hmm I can see your predicament almost a decade ago I was in your shoe and decided to have a leap of faith and jump into the raging Sea...

Consequences were sever with lots of pros and cons which I am quite sure you won't face because your situation is totally different! For instance I had to give up a brilliant career, money, lifestyle, family, social commitments to fulfill my dream...

It was a harsh price to pay! Now to your golden question was it worth it?

Absolutely! but again that's only me also I didn't want to compromise my vision and lose my voice.

As far as cons are concerned world of creation regardless of its medium let it be writing a poem, novel or even a screenplay you have to deal with tons of disappointment and rejection even beholding mediocre personas like the one you mentioned dominate the scene!

Unfortunately connections and networking do matters more than talent!

You are right my dear friend the name of the game in this age is "Social Media" with whole new coined terms; followers, influencers, trends, branding etc.. Dah(Voice of GenZ) hate those terms..

So if you are old dinosaur like myself your road will be more difficult yet with persistence and maneuvering you can carve your name and setting your own rules,

I agree with my fellow anonymous you must take an action, one step at a time.

Just remember professional writing needs patience and discipline. Always take into consideration these letters "TBS" T= Tears, B= Blood and S= SWET

Good luck and God speed looking forward to read your first book!