September 15, 2023

Royal and the Serpent - Overwhelmed - current mood


Turn off the TV it's starting to freak meOut it's so loud it's like my ears are bleedingWhat am I feeling? Can't look at the ceilingThe light is so bright it's like I'm overheating
This mind isn't mine, who am I to judge?Oh, I should be fine but it's all too much
I get overwhelmed so easilyMy anxiety creeps inside of meMakes it hard to breatheWhat's come over me?Feels like I'm somebody else
I get overwhelmed so easilyMy anxiety keeps me silentWhen I try to speakWhat's come over me?Feels like I'm somebody elseI get overwhelmed
All of these faces who don't know what space isAnd crowds are shut down I'm overstimulatedNobody gets it, say I'm too sensitiveI can't listen 'cause I'm eyeing the exits
This mind isn't mine, who am I to judge?Oh, I should be fine but it's all too much
I get overwhelmed so easilyMy anxiety creeps inside of meMakes it hard to breatheWhat's come over me?Feels like I'm somebody else
I get overwhelmed so easilyMy anxiety keeps me silentWhen I try to speakWhat's come over me?Feels like I'm somebody else
I get overwhelmed(Aah-ah-ah, ah-ah, ah-ah)
I should be fine but it's all too muchI should be fine but I'm not


My Strange Idea for Today
Sinking in the Void with a song in my head


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Egyptiana,

That's a quite strong sonnet, well structured, nice rhythm, full of pictures yet too morbid and dark for me!

The pain and anguish is too harsh with no relief whatsoever , i totally respect and appreciate such approach in any literature or artistic work but from my side always favour a relief not necessarily a happy closure...

But that's merely my taste!

Anonymous said...

EG
I could not agree more with my anonymous mate,
the morbidity and darkness are evident and I hope you will turn the page and find relief in the not so distant future assuming that this is reflection of how you feel..
Cheers..

Egyptiana Trapped Soul said...

Dear Anonymous who called me Egyptiana
It is a song that speaks loudly on how i feel
Truth is always dark my friend .. we just add colors to be able to survive it … but sometimes colors are too weak and we have to stand and face the darkness
I am stuck … I can’t reach any relief … crucified on the altar of life and have to go on .. not knowing whether i will make it or not

Sorry for the dark mood… but … i am overwhelmed

Egyptiana Trapped Soul said...


Dear Anonymous who called me EG

It is a true reflection of how i feel and what i am going thru … i need to overcome this feeling .. the problem is I don’t know how

Anonymous said...

Hello EG,
Overcoming certain feelings never easy and no one can be dismissive or diminish the impact that penetrate deep into the soul, it is not easy to try to comfort those who are of high intelligence and sensitive soul, I hope one day you will be able to come to terms with whatever it is that is causing the torment.

Peace and Be safe.

Anonymous said...

Egyptiana

I hear you, guess each person inhabiting this planet perceive her/his darkness and shadows differently some cry out loud others let themselves indulge in their own frustration disappointment and obsessions which cloud their mind leaving them paralyzed...


Eventually one thing leads to another; frustration leads to fear which leads to anger which is a real petty because at such moments you only see the rock bottom of the Abyss not the ray of light from the deep end longing to prevail...


You behold the dark skies yet never see the Moonlight shielding yourself and senses from all the light that you can see finding yourself favoring such dark places et voila it dominates your life...


Be that as it may I guess with all the misery, horrors, evil in this world specially with recent events which are a true evidence that there is no justice on earth -only in heaven- we need to find the light, cherishing every single moment and makes it count for as long as we drew breath.


I pray for you and myself to find the light!



Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
Beautifully written nothing short of poetic, like hand crafted silk,
I'm REALLY Enjoying Your beautifully written Comments,
hope EG will eventually recover and find her way out and be able to see and enjoy the ray of light and the moonlight surrounded by the glowing starry nights.
please include me in your prayer:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous,
As always you overwhelem me with your thoughtful and kind words, I am blushing over here! I am merely sharing my thoughts and feelings and glad that it has a decent impact.
You are in my prayer mate :) as well as the world in such dark times :(